French Dip Sandwich
French Dip Sandwich
French dip sandwich is basically American cuisine. This is a dish of dinner course. French dip sandwich is also known as a beef dip, basically, it is a sandwich with the roasted beef. And with dipping sauce. There is a different variety of this; variety depends upon the filing of or with the topping like you can choose swiss cheese. Its taste variation is also coming with its cooking technique lie you can cook meat in a slow cooker or use the instant pot for its cooking.
The total time requirements for making a French dip sandwich is 1 hour and 20 minutes. 20 minutes for its preparation and 1 hour for cooking.
This recipe yields 6 servings of French dip sandwich. You can increase or decrease the number of servings by increasing or decreasing quantities of ingredients.
The list of required ingredients with their measured quantities are given below:
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 pounds Chuck roast or beef brisket
- For seasoning, 1tbsp each salt and black cracked pepper
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 2 onion
- 2tsp chopped garlic
- 1can French onion soup
- 1 can Beef Consomme
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices provolone cheese
Method of instructions:
Slow cooker recipe:
Step by step instructions for the preparation of the French dip sandwich is given below:
- So, first of all-season the roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Then, take a large skillet, heat oil in over medium-high heat. Roast all sides until browned. Then transfer it in to plate. Fry the onion until tender, add garlic and fry until fragrant almost for 30 seconds.
- Take a slow cooker, place a roast in it and pour over soup, stock, and Worecestershire sauce. Add cook onion and garlic. Covered and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat, and for 3-4 hours on high heat until meat becomes soft.
- Meanwhile, The last 10 minutes, preheat oven to 350CO, ready the rolls and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- So, after 10 minutes or after completion of the cooking procedure, remove roast let sit for 10 minutes because it is very hot, then handle it very carefully and sliced or you can shred with forks. Strain the extra water from the cooker to jug.
- First of all spread hoagies with butter, then add fill the meat and cheese into the rolls. Just for melting the cheese, roast the rolls for just 5 minutes in preheated the oven.
- Your French dip sandwich is ready, use the liquid which strained from the cooker and serve it with a sandwich for dipping.
Instant pot Pot recipe:
For this method instructions are given below:
- So, first of all-season the roast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Take an instant pot and heat oil in it for roasting of meat, roast well until all sides turned brown and crispy. Now separate it onto a plate. Add garlic onion in this oil and fry and scrapping all the leftovers pf meat from the bottom of the pot. Then add the roast.
- Then, covered with a lid and cook at a manual function at high pressure and for 60 minutes.
- So, cooking is done then natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release. Now time is to make the slices of roast meat and also you can shred with a fork. Pour liquid from pot to jug.
- So, now spread hoagies with butter; fill the rolls with meat and cheese.
- So, toast the sandwich for just 5 minutes in the preheated oven until cheese milt.
- Now serve the sandwiches with the leftovers liquid which we separated from the cooker, for dipping.
Per serving of French dip, sandwich provides you 626 cal along with 23g fat(including 9.2g of saturated fat, 0.2g of trans fat), 173g of cholesterol, 586g of sodium, 687g of potassium, 38g of total carbs including 3.5g of fiber, 0.8g of sugar, and 63g of protein.
In the light of the above discussion, we came to know the French dip sandwich is basically a dinner course dish and it is American cuisine. You came to know about the two methods of cooking of meat; one is a slow cooker and one is the instant Pot method.