Fortune cookies Recipe
Fortune cookies Recipe
Fortune cookie is a dish that is usually from Chinese cuisine and is from the dessert course. Fortune cookie is usually a crispy and sugary cookie that is made up of flour sugar, vanilla, sesame seed oil and a paper inside. The special thing about these cookies is that they contain a mystery that is often written on the paper placed inside the cookies. The written sample on the paper may be any Chinese phrase with translation or any lucky number.
These cookies are served as a dessert in the Chinese restaurants of the United States and other western countries but are not traditionally related to China. The origin of these cookies not cleared yet. It is also said that it may be belonging in the past to Kyoto, Japan. However, these cookies are delicious and heartily liked by people of all ages but especially adults or children. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe of the fortune cookie along with its nutritional value.
This recipe of the Fortune Cookie would yield about 72 servings 72 fortune cookies.
The total time required for this recipe of Fortune Cookie is 30 minutes including 20 minutes of preparation and 10 minutes of cooking.
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of butter, in melted form
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- 6 tablespoon of water
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
Directions for the procedure:
- So, First of all, preheat the oven up to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with the help of the parchment paper or the silicon mat.
- Then, On one side, prepare the fortune strips to place them in the fortune cookies.
- Take a large bowl and with the help of the stand mixer, whisk together the egg whites and the sugar in it on high speed for about 2 minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
- So, After that whip, the egg whites mixture in the melted butter, vanilla, almond extract, and water until all the mixture well mixed and incorporated.
- Then, It’s time to add the all-purpose flour into the mixture and whip it until all the flour disappears.
- Now make the base of the cookie on the parchment paper in such a way that with the help of a spoon measure, place the batter on to the parchment paper into an about a 3-inch circle. Make all the cookies on the parchment paper and then go for cooking them.
- Then, Bake the fortune cookies for about 7 to 8 minutes. Carefully bake the cookies until the corners of the cookies are light brown. Don’t over brown them as when you would fold the cookies they would crack out. They can also undergo breakage in response to over-browning.
- When the cookies baked, go hurry and shape your cookies into a semi-circle by folding each cookie on the edge or corner of a cup.
- Then place the paper in the cookie after folding because you put the paper at the beginning when the cookies are hot the paper can stick to the cookie.
- So, Now place all cookies into the muffins so that the cookies cooled and hold their shapes.
- Then, Make the cookies from all batter.
- So, Once they cooked, you can enjoy them.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the Fortune Cookie is such that per serving it provides you about:
52 kcal of energy along with 6 g of carbohydrates, 0 g of proteins and 2 g of fats. It also provides you with 1 g of saturated fat, 6 mg of cholesterol, 1 g of fiber, 80 IU of Vitamin A, 4 g of sugar, 1 mg of calcium and 0.2 mg of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion Fortune cookie is a dish that is usually from Chinese cuisine and is from the dessert course. Fortune cookie usually a crispy and sugary cookie made up of flour sugar, vanilla, sesame seed oil and a paper inside. Fortune cookies are very delicious. This article recipe has great taste and would really assist you while making fortune cookies in your kitchen.: