Falooda recipe | Recipe of falooda | How to make
Falooda recipe | How to make | Recipe of falooda
Introduction to falooda recipe
Falooda recipe is a cold and delicious sweet dessert that is usually from the beverage course. It originated from the Indian subcontinent basically from South Asia. it is usually the version of Iranian flooded. Ingredients for Falooda are rose syrup, vermicelli, sweet basil seeds with milk that are often added with ice cream. Basically, The vermicelli used in Falooda recipe is made from wheat, arrowroot, cornstarch or sago.
This recipe can be taken either as a drink or as a meal. It is a very healthy sweet dessert in which many healthful ingredients are used as the basil seeds used in it give the body a cooling effect and keep the liver healthy. We can garnish Falooda with nuts e.g walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios. Basically, The initial origin of Falooda recipe is Iran where a similar dessert having the name of Faloodeh was famous. It came to India along with the Muslim merchants. Historically it is present from the Mughal Empire. So, it is a famous dessert in Pakistan and Bangladesh now and is a dish of special occasions. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe along with its nutritional value.
Timing: Falooda recipe
The total time requires for making this Falooda recipe is 40 minutes that include 30 minutes of the preparing time and 10 minutes for cooking.
The serving size for this recipe is 4 servings. You can also increase or decrease the serving size by managing the ingredients according to your needs and requirement that will be listed further.
Ingredients: Falooda recipe
The main ingredients for Falooda include milk, rose syrup, vermicelli, and sweet basil. The ice cream in the Falooda can be added according to your choice that you like to have with it. So, All the ingredients of the Falooda recipe with their accurate quantities are:
- 3 to 4 teaspoons of basil seeds (Tukh-malanga)
- 3 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Falooda vermicelli or Falooda Sev as per requirement or need
- 4 tablespoons of rose syrup
- 4 scoops of ice cream
- Few of the pistachios crushed for garnishing
- Few crumbled rose petals for garnishing
Directions for Procedure:
The step by step instructions for the Falooda recipe are:
Preparation of the Falooda recipe
1) Take the basil seed sand to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes they will be appeared swelled forming a layer around them. So, after the swelling in 30 minutes drain them.
2) During this, take the milk and sugar in the pan and cook it over the flame until it is boiled. Cook it over the medium heat.
3) After the boiling of milk, simmer the milk over the low flame for 5-7 minutes. Then keep the milk in the refrigerator and let it cool. Milk will become a little thick.
Prepare the Falooda Sev or vermicelli:
1) Take some water in the pan then bring it to a boil and then add the vermicelli into it and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
2) Then, Drain the vermicelli and rinse them with cold water. After removing them from the water, cut them with the help of scissors into about 1-inch pieces.
Making Falooda with the prepared ingredients:
1) Take 4 glasses and then add the single tablespoon full of basil seeds into each glass.
2) Then add the Falooda vermicelli or Falooda Sev on the top of it.
3) After that add 1 tablespoon of rose syrup in each glass over the vermicelli.
4) Then, pour the milk into each glass. Some of the basil seeds will float on the glass tops.
5) Then, On the top of each glass, add the single scoop of ice cream of your choice e.g chocolate, vanilla, mango or many more.
6) After that garnish, each glass with the crushed or sliced pistachios and crumbled rose petals. It will give a great and tasty look.
7) Then, Serve it chilled as a delicious and yummy Falooda beverage dessert.
Nutritional value of Falooda recipe
The nutritional value of the Falooda per glass gives about 300 kcal of energy with 53.8 g of carbohydrates, 8.3 g of proteins and 10.8 g of fat along with vitamin A, vitamin C and many minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, etc.