Last night, having nothing else at home but two aubergines of tomato sauce and mozzarella about to expire, I also made do because I returned late from work, while my wife was away from home. The result was this very tasty second course, pleasant to look at and… above all, appreciated by my very demanding children. I obviously invented the name of the dish to whet their imagination.
- 2 medium eggplant
- 200 g mozzarella
- to taste tomato sauce
- to taste extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt
- to taste Origan
- Boil some salted water. Then slice the aubergines without peeling them, making sure that the slices are at least one cm thick.
- As soon as the water boils, blanch the aubergine slices for no more than 3 minutes. Drain and squeeze them. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, engrave them with the tip of a knife and salt them lightly.
- Turn on the oven and bring it to 180 °. At this point pour a little tomato sauce on each slice and then sprinkle the oregano on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, reduce the mozzarella into very small pieces. Take out the aubergine pizzas and place a little mozzarella on top.
- Put the mozzarella in the oven just for the time it melts, then take it out of the oven and serve it still hot.