EGGPLANT AND TUNA PIE (TIMBALLA DE PERDINZANU E TUNNU)
An inviting timbale or summer pie made with aubergines and tuna. Offer it as an appetizer or main course.
- 600 gr organic aubergine
- 400 – 500 gr fresh or canned natural tuna
- 1 onion
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 – 3 egg
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 – 5 sprigs parsley
- 3 mint leaves
- 1 pinch of red pepper
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- breadcrumbs for the pan
- Grind the tuna coarsely or cut it into small chunks and keep it in the fridge.
- Tick and wash the aubergines, then put them to drain in a colander, sprinkling them with salt.
- Brown the chopped onion with the oil in a large pan.
- Add the aubergines (washed, squeezed and diced or chopped), brown them well and after a few minutes also add the minced tuna meat and the minced garlic. Add salt and pepper and continue to brown for another minute then turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Put everything in a bowl, add the chopped herbs, the shelled eggs, the breadcrumbs, the chilli and mix the mixture well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a pan greased with oil and sprinkled with breadcrumbs, level well, sprinkle the surface with a little breadcrumbs and add a drizzle of oil.
- Bake at 180 degrees until the timbale is golden. Once cooked, let it cool and serve warm or cold, surrounded by lemon slices.