EGGPLANT AND MINT PATÉ
Excellent pâté to spread on croutons. A bartender from Syracuse passed me the recipe, serving me croutons with this pate during the aperitif.
- 1 baguette
- 2 large eggplants
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 – 4 mint sprigs
- Start by removing the stalk from the aubergines. Cut them in half lengthwise and cut the pulp well without breaking the peel.
- Arrange the aubergines in a baking dish and bake them at about 160 – 180 ° for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let them cool, then with a spoon remove all the pulp and place it in a bowl.
- Season the aubergine pulp with oil and mint leaves (its quantity depends on the more or less strong scent of the mint itself) and blend everything with an immersion blender.
- Season with salt and mix everything well.
- Spread the pate on the baguette slices and serve.