Egg salad is a simple easy and picnic-perfect salad. This dish required just chopped hard-boiled eggs white meshed it with mayonnaise, you can add other ingredients to enhance its flavor, like celery or yellow mustard which is frequently used as a sandwich spread. There are different varieties of salad like chicken salad, crab salad, ham salad, lobster salad, and tuna salad. It is the most simple type of salad. You can add different spices and herbs as seasonings of salad.
Typically for seasonings, you can use minced celery, onion, salt, black pepper, and paprika. You can enjoy this as a salad or you can use it as a filling of a sandwich and enjoy it at a picnic party. It also used as the topping of green salad. There are different varieties of salad and you can increase its variety by adding different ingredients in it like bacon, bell pepper, capers, cheese, cucumber, lettuce, pickle relish, pickle is the most common and traditional ingredient. It is basically American cuisine but there are different varieties of salads depend upon its traditional use and place. It is a dish you can add to your breakfast menu or in your lunch menu.
The preparatory phase of this recipe ends by 10 minutes. Cooking takes 10 minutes. So collectively we can make egg salad in just 20 minutes.
This recipe of egg salad or egg salad sandwich would yield 4 servings. You can increase your no of servings by increasing quantities of ingredients according to the no of family members.
The most silent feature this salad is that it just requires simple raw ingredients and you can grab them from any local store for its preparation. The list includes eggs, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, green onion, celery, and fresh dill.
A detailed measured description of ingredients is listed below:
- 8 eggs hard-boiled and cooled
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of Yellow mustard
- And 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh dill chopped
Method of preparation:
this is an easy recipe for egg salad. The art of making a perfect recipe is directly related to the method of making, ingredients used and duration of cooking especially. Directions to the preparation of the recipe are given below:
- So, First of all, take fresh eggs. For checking the freshness of eggs, put the eggs in the water if they float on the surface of the water, then it means they have expired.
- Then, Bring these eggs to boil and then remove from the heat and let sit covered for 15-17 minutes. So, Run under cold water and peel them. Cut in half, remove the yolks and minced whites.
- Then, Take bowls and mix the yolk with the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, salt, and pepper as to taste.
- So, You can use an egg slicer to chop the white, chopped green onions, celery, the chopped fresh dill. Blend all these ingredients carefully and place this mixture on bread, or over lettuce.
Not only this is simple easy and delicious recipe but per serving of egg salad also provides you 320 calories along with this it also provides you 29 g of fat, 6 g of saturated fat, 339 mg of cholesterol, 332 mg of sodium, 147 mg of potassium, 1 g of carbs, 1 g of sugar, 11 g of protein. It also provides you traces amount of vitamin and minerals like 570 % of Vit A, 0.9 % of Vit C, 53 % of Ca and 1.6 of Fe.
So that was the complete description of the recipe of egg salad which includes ingredients that are needed for this recipe, total time requirement, and the main things are instructions on how is prepare it. The ingredients which are required for this recipe very simple and easily available in your kitchen refrigerator, you can serve it to your children after school. You can make it enjoy a picnic party or you can enjoy it and serve it during your lunchtime. So, This recipe is a very convenient recipe for a working woman, which has a hectic routine. This salad has also different nutritional benefits.