Egg and Garlic fried rice
Egg and Garlic fried rice
Garlic fried rice is the dish of Philippine’s cuisine that is also known as sinangag. It is a Filipino fried rice dish that is often prepared frying the pre-cooked rice with the garlic. This dish usually uses the stale or leftover rice of the dinner. The rice prepared as a result of this dish is usually fermented and firmer. The rice is not served or eaten alone but with some type of gravy or Manchurian, scrambled or fried eggs, fish or some other thing. This recipe has been thought to be originated from the Philippines but has the same popularity in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore.
Sometimes it is also thought to be the dish of the main course from the Indo Chinese cuisine. It is very famous in the Philippines as it is tasty and moreover lessens the food wastage. In this recipe that is going to be discussed in this article includes the special edition of the egg at the time of garlic burnt that will taste great and is a savory dish. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe of the egg and garlic fried rice along with the step by step instructions and the nutritional value of the dish.
The time requirement of this recipe o be prepared is the 42 minutes along with the 30 minutes of preparation and the 12 minutes of cooking.
The serving size of this recipe is for 4 people. You can increase or decrease the serving size according to the requirement of your need by managing the ingredients in that way.
The main ingredients of this recipe are garlic, rice, and oil. The other ingredients along with these ones with their measured quantities include the following:
For the rice
- 1 cup of the Basmati rice
- 6 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
For the frying of the rice
- 4 tablespoons of the sesame oil
- 20 grams of garlic or 2 tablespoons of the finely chopped garlic
- 1 egg in the whisked form
- About 120 grams of spring onion or ½ cup of the chopped onion whites
- 160 grams of carrot or ½ cup of the finely chopped carrots
- 60 grams of beans in the chopped form
- 160 grams of capsicum or ½ cup of the finely chopped capsicum
- 2 teaspoon of the finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon of the crushed black pepper or in the powder form according to the requirement
- 2 teaspoon of the soy sauce and ½ tablespoon of the fermented vinegar or regular vinegar
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of chopped spring onion green parts
- Add the salt according to the requirement or as per taste
Directions for the procedure:
The guidelines or instructions for the recipe of the egg and garlic fried rice:
For cooking the rice
- First of all, rinse the basmati rice in running water until the water coming down from the rice become clear of starch and then soak the rice for about 30 minutes in the water. After the soaking of the rice then drain the rice in the colander and put the rice on aside.
- Take a pot or a pan and heat the water in it for boiling the rice.
- When the water is hot then add the salt and sesame oil in it and bring the water to a boil on a high flame.
- When the water starts boiling then add the rice into the water and cook them. While cooking the rice, stir or shake them gently.
- You should semi-cook the rice or cook them until they are al dente. Cooking the rice on a high flame is a quick boiling method so during cooking the rice you don’t need to cover the rice with any type of lid.
- When the rice is al dente then drain off the rice in a colander and keep the rice on aside. Stop cooking the rice when it is almost cooked. You can cook the rice more if you want to do it.
- Cooling of rice should be almost at room temperature to add to the fried veggies and the egg garlic. For that purpose, you can also cool down the rice bypassing the running water through the rice.
For the egg and garlic fried rice
We are adding the vegetables into the garlic fried rice along with eggs just to enhance the taste but you can also have the rice only with garlic and egg. The procedure is:
- You can select the vegetables of your own choice. So wash the vegetables that you have chosen and then cut them or chop them.
- Take a pot and then put the sesame oil in it and heat.
- Then add the finely chopped garlic into the sesame oil and fry. The garlic would turn light brown and then golden brown in color.
- When the garlic has turned golden brown, withdraw about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the fried garlic to a side that we will use for garnishing the rice.
- Now fry the garlic till it becomes more browned than the golden brown color. When the garlic becomes more browned then add the spring onion whites into the pan and saute them. Reserve the spring onion greens for garnishing the fried rice.
- Fry the spring onion whites in the oil for few minutes on medium or high flame. After that add the finely chopped beans into the pan. Fry the beans in the sesame oil for about two minutes with continuous stirring on a high flame.
- Then add all the chopped and cut vegetables into the pan and then cook them with stirring. Mix them well.
- Add the black pepper or pepper powder into the vegetables along with the celery and mix them properly. Use the black pepper powder according to your taste.
- Fry the vegetables for further 2 to 3 minutes more. Then add the 2 tablespoons of the fermented soy sauce into the vegetables. Mix the sauce with the vegetables properly.
- Then take a separate pot and whisk the egg in it. Add a little of salt and black pepper into the beaten egg and fry it in another pan. After the frying of egg, add the egg to the vegetable mixture in the scrambled form and then add the rice into vegetable and egg mixture.
- Season the rice with a bit of salt. Be careful about the quantity of salt as some of the salt has already added.
- Add the vinegar into the rice either fermented or regular vinegar. Be careful in the usage of vinegar. You can also decrease the amount of vinegar according to your taste. You can also add the lemon juice instead of the vinegar in the rice.
- With the help of fork toss-up the rice with fried vegetables, garlic, and egg. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Fry the rice for few minutes with continuous stirring.
- After that turn off the flame and at last add the spring onion greens on the fried rice for the purpose of garnishing. Sprinkle the browned garlic over the fried rice.
- Egg and garlic fried rice are ready to serve and enjoy. The tasteful rice can be taken up with the chicken Manchurian or any type of gravy mainly of your choice.
Per serving this dish of the garlic fried rice provides about 279 kcal of energy along with 8.8 g of fat, 45 g of carbohydrates and 3.8 g of proteins. It also gives about 0.7 g of saturated fat, 0.2 g of trans fat, 5.6 g of polyunsaturated and 2 g of monounsaturated fat. And It provides you with 0 mg cholesterol, 294 mg of sodium, 55 mg of potassium, 1.9 % of vitamin C, 0.7 % of calcium and 2.1 % of iron. It gives you about 0.1 g of dietary fiber and 0 mg of sugar.
So, in the light of above discussion egg and burnt garlic fried rice with the fried vegetables will definitely a best option for your dining table either in lunch or dinner. By following the recipe of our article if you make this dish you will surely enjoy it.