Easy recipe for apple pie crust | How to | Recipe for Apple pie
Recipe for Apple pie | easy recipe for apple pie crust
Introduction to Recipe for Apple pie crust
Apple pie is one of those desserts that is all-American’s favorite. Recipe for Apple pie crust is a pie that has its main ingredient as the Apple filling. Occasionally, an easy recipe for apple pie dessert is topped with the ice cream and sometimes cheddar cheese. It is usually a double-crust pie at the top and bottom and the center filled with apple sauce. The top crust may be circular or with cross-wise strips. Apple pie initially had been originated from England. Apple pie is usually served having topped with iced cream but sometimes it is also covered with cheddar cheese that is popular in American Midwest and New England. It comes in many styles such as Dutch style, English style, French style, and Swedish style. Apple pie is liked much across the whole of America. In this article, the discussion will be about the apple pie recipe along with its nutritional value.
Recipe for apple pie or easy recipe for apple pie crust
For the crust of the pie:
- 5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Take about 8 cups of unsalted sugar
- 8 tablespoons of ice water
For the center filling apple pie:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 10 Golden delicious apples, chopped into pieces and with seeds removed
- 1 cup of sugar
- Juice of 1 ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, take some more of the flour for rolling purpose for the dough
- ¾ tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, particularly shredded
Directions for the procedure to make Recipe for Apple pie crust
For the apple pie crust:
- First of all, for the preparation of crust, take all the ingredients in the dry form and mixed in a bowl.
- Now add the butter into the dry ingredients and mix them all ingredients with the butter until the butter is completely or fully coat with the dry ingredients.
- Take an electric mixture and attach the paddle to its fore-point and beat the mixture with it at low speed.
- Now, while mixing the mixture with the help of the electric mixer, add the water into it in the stream form at a slow speed.
- While adding water, keep an eye on the dough and see it continuously. Turn off the electric mixer when there are no crumbs at the bottom of the bowl.
- Handle the dough with the utmost care and gently and keep it cool.
- Leave it for about 1 hour before baking so that the dough sets.
For the center filling of the pie crust:
- Preheat the oven to about 375 degrees.
- Now, in a bowl make the egg wash by whipping the egg and cream together.
- Then, take another bowl and toss the apples with sugar, flour, Lemon juice, and cinnamon seeds.
- On the work surface, sprinkle some of the all-purpose flour and then make the dough to be rolled out on it to the desired thickness by a rolling pin.
- Now, transfer the dough into a 9-inch pie plate and use the excessive pie dough to form the lattice.
- Put and spread the apple mixture on to the pie pan containing the dough. Now cover the top of the apple mixture with the unsalted or shredded butter and then above it form the lattice with the dough that has been left.
- Brush the top of the pie with the help of egg wash.
- After that, bake the apple pie for about 25 minutes and then reduce the temperature up to now 325 degrees.
- Continue baking the pie until the pie bubbles and is appealing golden brown for about 25 minutes.
Serving: Recipe for Apple pie crust
If we will discuss the servings then, This apple pie will give about 10 servings. For best results, the butter for the dough should be super cold and the ice water must be strained.
Nutritional value of Recipe for Apple pie crust
So, The nutritional value of the Recipe for Apple pie crust is such that it gives about 237 kcal of energy per 100 gram or for one serving energy budget will be 1728 kcal. It enriches in the water-soluble vitamins like thiamine, folate, and niacin. It also gives many essential minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, and iron, etc.