Crockpot chicken or slow cooker chicken is American cuisine. This dish you can enjoy at any time of the meal, like breakfast, in the afternoon or maybe at dinner. It is seasoned the delicious juicy chicken. Slow cooker basically a pressure cooker with low pressure and more cooking time. So, in this post, you can cook for several hours like for 7-8 hours. You have to just put your food ingredients and leave it for cooking. You can go to the office to enjoy any party and can also do home tasks during cooking time. That’s why this dish is called Crockpot chicken because for its cooking purpose we will use a slow cooker. So, the benefits of this cooking method are that slow cooking of seasoned chicken for several hours under steams will produce an amazingly juicy and delicious chicken.
So, the total time required for this recipe is 3 hours and 5 minutes. 5 minutes for preparation and 3 hours for cooking of food.
So, this recipe will yield 4 servings of crockpot chicken. You can increase or decrease the number of servings by increasing and decreasing the number of ingredients.
The main ingredients for this recipe are the chicken breast, chicken broth, butter, for seasoning you will require some spices like black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, dried parsley, and paprika;
The list of ingredients and their measured quantities are given below:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- And ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- And 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Method of preparation:
- So, first of all, we have to the seasoning of chicken.
- So, for seasoning of chicken, just take a bowl and take ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of parsley, ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder and 1/8 teaspoon of paprika. Mix all the spice together. Season both sides of the chicken and leave it for 10 minutes if you want.
- Then, take a crockpot and add ¼ cup of chicken broth In it add 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine and stir well and mash the butter. Try to disperse it if you can.
- So, now turn is to add chicken in the slow cooker. Put the chicken into it and overlapping the chicken with broth only as much as necessary.
- Then, cover the lid and cook on low heat for 3 hours until the temperature reaches to 165 F
- When time is over and your chicken is ready, then for making clean slices of chicken, remove chicken from slow cooker and put it on cutting board and cover to keep warm. Leave it for 10 minutes for setting and then slicing it nicely with a sharp knife.
- Crockpot chicken is ready.
This dish of crockpot chicken is full of nutrients.
Per serving of crockpot chicken delivers you 157 kcal along with 24g of protein, 5g of total fat( including 2g of saturated fat and 79mg cholesterol), and trace amount of salts; 451mg of sodium, 430mg of potassium, 6mg of calcium, 0.4mg of iron, and vitamins like 150IU Vit A and 1.3mg of VitC.
In light of the above discussion, we came to know that Crockpot chicken is American cuisine. We are using a slow cooker for its cooking purpose this method will be amazing and it will yield mouthwatering, juicy and soft chicken with all its taste and fragrance. You should try this method of cooking, I mean slow cooker recipe you will definitely enjoy this experience. The specialty of this method is that there is no worry about the burning of food when time is over it is an automatic even remote-controlled slow cooker is available you can control it easily.
This method will make your dish marvelous, basically in this cooker the food cook on a low vapor pressure I mean somehow it is steaming method. When it is cook on low heat, all spices will dissolve or mixed nicely with chicken and it will create an amazing taste. You should have to try this recipe with this method you will definitely enjoy this.