CRESCELLE: TASTY PANCAKES WITH LEFTOVER POLENTA
In my childhood memories there are my grandmother or aunt who used to make ” crescelle “, or polenta fritters . We children always hoped that the polenta would be left over so that we could have them at breakfast or as a snack.
I remember a long rolling pin on which as they were pulled, they leaned “on horseback”, and we children with the plate in hand waiting for ours: me with salt, my brothers with sugar !!
I still seem to smell.
- to taste Advanced polenta
- to taste Flour
- to taste salt
- to taste sugar
- Place the leftover polenta on a pastry board or in a large bowl.
- Break it, shelling it, with your hands.
- Once shelled, start adding the flour a little at a time as for a normal dough, once the dough is well blended and workable without attacking your hands, form a roll and from this you get many loaves as large as an apricot.
- With a rolling pin cut out many small pizzas about half a cm high.
- Heat a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and fry the “crescelle” turning them over.