Country Fried Steak
Country Fried Steak
Country fried steak is also known as the chicken fried steak.it is basically a dish from the main course. It has been thought to be originated from the United States or from American cuisine. It is an American dish. That breaded cutlet consisting of beefsteaks coated with the seasoned-flour which then further pan-fry. The fact about this dish is that it is not made from the chicken but uses the beef steaks.
But the reason for naming it as the chicken or country fried steak is that it uses the same technique that is used to coat the chicken fry steaks. The serving temperature or the temperature in which it is usually liked to serve is hot temperature. The main ingredients of the chicken fried steak recipe include tender cube streaks and flour. It usually serves with a type of creamy gravy. In this article, the discussion will about the recipe of the chicken fried steaks along with its nutritional value and the kitchen instructions, guidance and the magic tips.
This recipe of the country fried steak recipe would yield about 8 servings.
The total time required for this recipe of country fried steak is 45 minutes including 10 minutes of preparation and 35 minutes of cooking.
- 8 oz. of cube steaks and 8 steaks
- 3 teaspoons of kosher salt, more as per taste
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper, more as per taste
- 4 large eggs
- 5 ½ cups of whole milk
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour, divided and more about 6 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- And 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
Directions for the procedure:
- So, First of all, preheat the oven up to 225 degrees F.
- So, By placing the steaks on the cutting board, adjust their size up to ¼-inch thickness. Season it with the help of the salt and pepper and then do for all remaining steaks.
- Then, In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Then in a separate bowl, mix the flour, pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- So, Now coat the steaks in the flour mixture and then dip in the eggs, dredging again in the flour mixture.
- Then, Set it on aside for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- So, Heat the oil at 375 and fry the 2 steaks in one batch for about 3 minutes until crispy.
- When all the steaks fried transfer them to a baking sheet season with salt and then into the oven.
- So, In the same pan, heat the butter and whisk in it the flour and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the heavy cream and the remaining milk.
- Then, Cook and simmer it with continuous stirring for about 5 to 7 minutes. Season this gravy with salt and pepper.
- Then, pour the gravy over the steaks and enjoy.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the country fried steak recipe is such that per serving it provides you about 1086 kcal of energy along with 35 g of carbohydrates, 21 g of proteins and 98 g of fats. It also provides you with 28 g of saturated fat, 280 mg of cholesterol, 1 g of fiber, 1025 IU of Vitamin A, 43.9 mg of Vitamin C, 346 mg of calcium and 5.8 mg of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion Country, fried steak – recipe from the main course. It thought to originate from the United States or from American cuisine. It is an American dish. That breaded cutlet consisting of beefsteaks coated with the seasoned-flour which then further pan-fry. The fact about this dish is that it does not make from the chicken but uses beef steaks. But the reason for naming it as the chicken or country fried steak that it uses the same technique that used to coat the chicken fry steaks. It usually serves hot with a type of creamy gravy. Country fried steak recipe must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the country fried steak recipe at your home you will definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.