CHUNKS OF SPONGE CAKE WITH EGGS AND HERBS
excellent appetizers good for all occasions
- 8 fresh eggs
- 120 gr flour
- 200 gr spreadable cheese
- 50 gr pickled cucumbers
- 1 bunch of rocket
- 1 bunch of chives
- Boil 2 eggs, let them cool, shell them and put them away for later.
- Work 6 egg yolks with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of water, add the flour, mix well and carefully with the lumps.
- Beat the 6 egg whites until stiff, gently incorporate them into the mixture, prepare a rectangular pan protected by a sheet of wet baking paper, pour the mixture which must be 1 cm high.
- Go to the center of a hot oven at 220 C ° for about 8 minutes.
- After this time, remove the pan from the oven, stretch a clean sheet of parchment paper over it and turn over, carefully tipping the sponge cake over it.
- Gently remove the paper that was inside the pan, and with the pan cover the bread and let it cool.
- Finely chop the gherkins, the rocket, a part of the chives and 1 hard-boiled egg.
- Incorporate the mince into ¾ of the cheese.
- Carefully cut the sponge cake in half horizontally, spread the cheese mixture on one part of the bread, cover with the other slice and cut it into squares (20 pieces should come).
- Place a little cheese and a small piece of hard-boiled egg on each piece, decorate each one with a few strands of chives.