CHICKEN NUGGETS WITH LEEKS WITH PILAU RICE
Exceptional single dish tried last night at a friend’s house. Ingredients and doses for 4 people.
- 600 g chicken breast in chunks
- 1 leek
- ½ glass dry white wine
- 40 g butter
- to taste extra virgin olive oil
- to taste flour 00
- to taste salt
- to taste cardamom seeds
- For the pilaf rice:
- 400 g Basmati rice
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 onion
- Have the chicken breast cut into chunks. Back home wash the meat and dry it with a clean cloth, then flour it.
- Slice the leek thinly, then heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and a knob of butter in a large non-stick pan.
- Let us dry the leek over a very low heat until it is perfectly stewed.
- In another pan, sauté the diced chicken in olive oil with a knob of butter.
- As soon as the crust has formed on the morsels of meat flavor it with cardamom and sprinkle everything with the wine and let it evaporate.
- Season with salt and cook for another 6-7 minutes.At this point add the meat to the leek and let all the ingredients flavor well, mixing together.
- Degrade the pan of meat with a little broth by adding the sauce obtained to the meat being cooked.
- Separately in a casserole suitable to pass in the oven (eg a cast iron one) put the rice, onion and cinnamon.
- Cover everything with the broth, put the lid on the saucepan and cook in the oven at 180 ° until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Shell the rice and arrange it in a crown on a serving dish in the center of which you will place the chicken nuggets.