Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
Chicken fried steak is also known as the country fried steak.it is basically a dish from the main course. It thought it originated from the United States or from American cuisine. It is an American dish that is breaded cutlet consisting of beefsteaks coated with the seasoned-flour which is then further pan-fried. The fact about this dish is that it is not made from the chicken but uses the beef steaks.
But the reason for naming it as the chicken fried steak is that it uses the same technique that is used to coat the chicken fry steaks. The serving temperature or the temperature in which it usually likes to serve is hot temperature. The main ingredients of the chicken fried steak recipe include tender cube streaks and flour. It usually serves with a type of creamy gravy. In this article, the discussion will about the recipe of the chicken fried steaks along with its nutritional value and the kitchen instructions, guidance and the magic tips.
This recipe of the chicken fried steak recipe would yield about 8 servings.
The total time required for this recipe of chicken fried steak recipe is 40 minutes including 20 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of cooking.
- 8 beef cube steaks
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of hot pepper sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 6 cups of vegetable shortening for deep frying
- Half cup of all-purpose flour
- 6 cups of milk
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper, in-ground form as per taste
Directions for the procedure:
- So, First of all, cut the beef steaks up to the sizes of the thickness of ¼ inch. Then take a shallow bowl and place in it the 4 cups of all-purpose flour. Take another shallow bowl and mix in it the baking powder, baking soda, pepper and salt in it.
- Then, Stir this dry mixture of the baking powder in the buttermilk, egg, hot pepper sauce and garlic.
- So, now you have to coat the beef steaks. At first, dip the beef steaks into the all-purpose flour, then into the batter and again in the all-purpose flour.
- So, now Coat the dry flour on the surface of the steaks in such a way that steaks completely cover with the white flour.
- Then, Take a non-iron skillet and heat in it the vegetable shortening up to 165 degrees C. Then fry the beef steaks in the skillet from each side for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side until golden or brown.
- So, now Place the prepared steaks on the plate with the paper towels and then reserve about ¼ cup of the liquid and return the skillet again to heat. Add the remaining flour to the oil and cook it with the milk, salt, and pepper.
- So, once the gravy is ready, serve it on the top of the chicken fried steaks.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the chicken fried steak recipe is such that per serving it provides you about 956 kcal of energy along with 53 g of carbohydrates, 51 g of proteins and 58 g of fats. It also provides you with 28 g of saturated fat, 280 mg of cholesterol, 1 g of fiber, 1025 IU of Vitamin A, 43.9 mg of Vitamin C, 346 mg of calcium and 5.8 mg of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion Chicken fried steak is a recipe from the main course. It thought it originated from the United States or from American cuisine. It is an American dish. That breaded cutlet consisting of beefsteaks coated with the seasoned-flour which then further pan-fry. The fact about this dish is that it does not make from the chicken but uses beef steaks. But the reason for naming it as the chicken fried steak is that it uses the same technique, that use to coat the chicken fry steaks. It usually serves hot with a type of creamy gravy. Chicken fried steak recipe must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the chicken fried steak recipe at your home you will definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.