Chicken Fajita Recipe
Chicken Fajita Recipe
Chicken fajita is another variety of Fajita that is categorized on the basis of the meat preferred in its preparation. It is a dish that is from the Dinner course of the dishes. Its origin is from Mexico and the United States both. It may come to Mexico first and then in the United States. In Mexican cuisine, chicken fajita usually goes with the stuffing of the grilled meat on the top of the flour tacos or in the corn tortilla. The stuffing of Fajita involves a variety of meat including chicken, seafood, different beef cuts and also vegetables.
Fajitas are also one of the leading and the most ordered dishes in the restaurants and also garnished or mixed with the bell peppers and onions. The flavor enhancer ingredients in the preparation of the fajitas include lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, beans, and the diced tomatoes. The main ingredients of the fajita dish include tortillas, meat, chicken, cheddar cheese, onions, and peppers. in this article, depending on the meat type we will discuss about the recipe of the chicken fajita along with the nutritional value and magic tips.
The total time required for this recipe is 25 minutes including 10 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes of cooking.
This recipe of the chicken fajita recipe would yield about 8 servings. The servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
- 4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- And 2 teaspoons of cumin in powdered form
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of chili in powdered form
- 2 tablespoons of the fresh cilantro, chopped
- About 3 pounds of the chicken thighs that are skinless and boneless
- 6 large bell peppers cut into chunks or strips
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 avocados, peeled and sliced
Directions for the procedure:
- So, first of all, take a large shallow bowl and mix it with the lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili, and cilantro thoroughly and properly. Then add the chicken thighs into it and let the chicken marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Take a large skillet and place it on the medium-high flame until it starts smoking. Now you have to lightly coat the bottom of the pan with the olive oil.
- Once the oil heated, cook or fry the chicken thighs on the pan from both sides until turned golden. Then, cook from each side by 8 minutes. Cook the chicken with flipping it twice.
- Now transfer the chicken to a plate that is warm and cover it with a foil. After that, let the chicken cool at room temperature.
- Now add the onions and the peppers to the heated skillet and saute the onion along with peppers until the onions soft and the bell peppers tender.
- After that, season the onion mixture with salt and pepper and at one side prepare the chicken by shredding it.
- Now make the tortillas or tacos of the chicken fajita and serve them with the fresh cilantro and the avocados.
The nutritional value of this recipe is such that per serving it provides you about 480 kcal of energy along with 19 g of carbohydrates, 36 g of proteins and 29 g of fats. It also provides you with 4 g of saturated fat, 161 mg of cholesterol, 9 g of fiber, 4115 IU of Vitamin A, 171.4 mg of Vitamin C, 49 mg of calcium and 3 mg of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion Chicken fajita is a dish that is from the Dinner course of the dishes. It has from the Mexican origin. The main ingredients of the fajita dish include tortillas, meat, chicken, cheddar cheese, onions, and peppers. Chicken fajita must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the chicken fajita at your home you will definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.