Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Chicken enchilada casserole is creamy cheesy perfection. An enchilada is a corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a savory sauce. Different ingredients can be used for its stuffing including various meats, cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetable or combination, and a variety of sauces. And casserole is a deep pan mainly used in the oven or as a large serving vessel. So, the word casserole is used for all those foods which are served in such type of pan or vessel. It was originated in Mexico; enchiladas are a popular dish throughout Mexico and the USA Southwest. So, this recipe of the chicken enchilada casserole is creamy and tasty with chicken, onions and bell peppers along with a special sauce and cheese. So, this article will discuss the recipe of the chicken enchilada casserole including the kitchen instructions and the nutritional value.
This recipe of the vegetarian enchiladas would yield about 10 servings. The servings can be increased or decreased by managing the ingredients in that way.
So, the total time required is 50 minutes, including 10 minutes for preparation and 40 minutes for cooking.
The main ingredients for chicken enchilada casserole include olive oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic, black beans, corn, cooked chicken, corn tortillas, shredded cheddar, shredded Monterey jack, sour cream for garnishing, freshly chopped cilantro and diced avocado for garnishing. So, all these ingredients of chicken enchilada casserole along with their measured quantities are:
- 2 tbs of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (2cups) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (2cups) can of corn, drained
- 3 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 (1/2 cup) can of diced green chilis
- 2 (1.25 cup) cans of enchilada sauce
- 18 corn tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar
- 2 cups of shredded Monterey jack
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Diced avocado, for garnish
Direction for preparation:
The step by step instructions for chicken enchilada casserole is given below with kitchen tips and directions:
- So, First of all, preheat oven to about 350 c
- Then, put a large skillet over a medium flame and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil on it. Then add onion and saute them for about 5 minutes until their softening. Add garlic in it and cook it with onion for 1 minute until fragrant. Add beans, corn, green chilis and cook all these ingredients for further 5 minutes until all species mixed well. Save ½ cup of enchilada sauce for further use and pour remaining sauce into the skillet the stirring it well to combine it with chicken.
- In a greased spread reserved ½ cup of enchilada sauce into 9×13 then layer the 6 tortillas in the pan, overlapping to cover the entire pan. Then use 1/3 of the already cooked mixture over tortillas carefully. So, use 1/3 of each cheese for covering the top of layers. Top with another layer of tortillas and repeat this procedure to make 2 more layers, and at last, finishing the covering of the layers with cheese.
- Then put all this stuff in preheating the oven and wait for 30 minutes until cheese is melty and sauce is starting to bubbling.
- Then, the turn off the oven and open the door of the oven and remove the pan from it.
- So, now, add toppings to casserole after it comes out of the oven – it’s an optional step but it really makes this dish special! Then, some great topping ideas include avocado, olives, red onion, cilantro, tomatoes, sour cream or green chiles.
- So, appetizing, flavorsome chicken enchilada casserole is ready to eat.
The nutritional values of this recipe per serving are such that:
So, per serving of chicken enchilada casserole provide you
- Calories: 210kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 783mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Glucose: 3g
- Vitamin A 7 %
- Vitamin B-12 4 %
- And vitamin B-6 0 %
- Vitamin C 1 %
- And vitamin D 0 %
- Vitamin E 1 %
63% of total calories come from fat, 17% from protein and 19% from carbohydrate.
So, in the light of the above discussion chicken enchilada casserole is a popular dish throughout Mexico and the American Southwest. It is rich in flavor and is super tasty. So, this article recipe for the chicken enchilada casserole tastes great and you will definitely enjoy this flavorsome, mouthwatering and lavish dish.