CARBONADA FROM VALLE D’AOSTA
A traditional Aosta Valley dish based on beef cooked in wine with aromas. A perfect dish for the winter climate to drink with a good full-bodied red wine.
- 1 large onion
- to taste soft wheat flour 00
- 50 gr butter
- 400 ml full-bodied red wine
- 800 gr of beef rump
- to taste pepper
- to taste nutmeg
- to taste cinnamon
- to taste salt
- Cut the onion into thin slices and put it in a pan over low heat with the butter.
- Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces, pass them in the flour and add them to the pan, browning them over a high flame.
- Season with salt, pepper and various spices.
- Pour in the red wine and cook over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Check that it does not dry out (in case you add more wine) and check for salt and pepper.
- Serve the carbonada in flat plates with polenta and / or boiled potatoes.