Caramel Popcorn at Home
Caramel Popcorn at Home
Introduction for making Caramel PopCorn at Home:
We can make Caramel popcorn at home easily. It is a snack dish from the dessert course of the food. It is thought to be originated from America or the United States. It is a dish from American cuisine. And It is basically a confection that is made up of the popcorns often coated with caramel candy shell made from the molasses or the sugar. The hot caramel candy is mixed with the popcorns and is then allowed to get cooled. The coated popcorn mixture is then baked in the oven for better and enhanced taste.
To make the flavor better, sometimes the caramel mixture is mixed with some sort of nuts such as peanuts, pecans, almonds, and cashews. Caramel popcorns are usually soft, crunchy and chewy giving you a pleasing taste while watching a movie or reading a novel or book. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for the caramel popcorn along with its nutritional value.
RECIPE of Caramel Popcorn at Home
This recipe of the Caramel popcorn would yield about 16 servings.
The total time required for this recipe of Caramel popcorn is 1 hour including 10 minutes of preparation and 50 minutes of cooking.
Ingredients required for making Caramel Popcorn At Home:
- 16 cups of the popped popcorn
- 12 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups of light brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons of light Karo soup
- Half teaspoon of salt
- Half teaspoon of baking soda, full-filled spoon
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Directions for the procedure:
The directions for the method of preparation of the caramel popcorn along with the kitchen instructions and magic tips are as follows:
- So, First of all, preheat the oven up to 200 degrees F.
- Then take a jelly roll pan and prepare it by lining it with the parchment paper or the aluminum foil. Grease the paper or the foil by spraying on it the non-stick cooking spray.
- Now distribute the popcorns in the roll pan evenly and place the pan in the oven so that the popcorns remain warm.
- Take a large non-stick skillet and heat it on the medium-low flame. Once it heated, melt the butter in it. When the butter gets melt, stir the brown sugar, corn syrup, and the salt in it until all the ingredients get the smooth consistency.
- Bring the mixture to boil by heating it over the medium flame with occasional stirring.
- When the caramel is just beginning to boil, boil and cook it for some more time about 2 minutes with stirring it continuously.
- Now turn off the flame and remove the caramel mixture from the stove and stir it with the baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Pour down the caramel mixture on the popcorns when it highly warmed and toss the popcorns so that all the popcorns coated with the caramel uniformly.
- Bake the popcorns in the oven for about 45 minutes and stirring the popcorns with the spatula for every 15 minutes.
- Delicious caramel popcorns ready to enjoy.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the Caramel popcorn is such that per serving it provides you about:
819 kcal of energy along with 174 g of carbohydrates, 17 g of proteins and 7 g of fats. It also provides you with 1 g of saturated fat, 140 mg of sodium,504 mg of potassium. And 20 g of fiber, 54 g of sugar, 45 mg – calcium. And 5.3 mg – iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion Caramel popcorn is a snack or confectionery type dish from the dessert course of the food. It thought to originate from America or the United States. It basically a confection that makes up of the popcorns often coat with caramel candy shell made from the molasses or the sugar. The hot caramel candy mixes with the popcorns and then allowed to cool. The coated popcorn mixture then baked in the oven for better and enhanced taste. Caramel popcorn recipe for this article must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the Caramel popcorn at your home you will be definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.
For More Detail about site search On Google
More Related Topics: