BRUSCHETTA WITH SHRIMP AND AVOCADO
This recipe was passed to me by Carmelo, a young barman from Modica, who prepares excellent snacks to accompany the aperitif in his restaurant. It is a bruschetta that I personally served at dinner as an appetizer accompanied by an excellent Prosecco di Valdobbiadene.
- 18 slices of baguette-type bread
- 300 gr shrimp
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 chunky spring onion
- 1 tsp dry chives powder
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pickled green pepper
- Boil the shrimps for a few minutes, drain and let them cool.
- Peel the avocado and cut the pulp into cubes and pass everything in a bowl with the lemon juice.
- Clean the spring onion and slice it as thin as possible and add it to the avocado.
- Now add the shrimps, the chopped chives, the drained and lightly crushed green pepper, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of raw oil.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least three hours.
- Toast the slices of bread in the oven and spread the prawns and avocado over them.