Boiled dinner with ham | Dinner recipe
How to make boiled Dinner with Ham?
Introduction to Boiled dinner with ham
How to make boiled Dinner with Ham? it is usually a one-pot dish that is savory and quick and easy to make. Usually, Ham prepares from pig meat. Pork of a leg cut mainly from the hind leg that preserves by different methods of preservation such as dry or wet-curing or with or without smoking. It is usually processing of meat that is the word of ham includes both the whole cuts and the mechanically form cuts of the meat. so in this article, you will learn how to make boiled Dinner with Ham?
How to make boiled dinner with ham video tutorial
History of boiled Dinner with Ham
Boiled Ham dinner is liked by several cuisines and is made all around the world which at some places has the regional specialties e.g Westphalian ham and some varieties of the Spanish jamón. It is also famous in the form of different products in Europe and the US. It is claimed, that the Chinese were the first who were found involved in curing the ham. There is also another claim of its origination from the Gaul. The today’s word “ham” derived from the Germanic base old English “ham or home” which means the hollow or bend of the knee or crooked.
Overview of boiled Dinner with Ham
Hams preserves with different methods. When it is dry-cured it is only treated with the dry salt. The time duration for the dry curing is 9 to 12 months or 2 years. When the pork or ham is wet-cured it soaks or dips in a brine solution for about 3 to 14 days. It may also be preserved by smoking in which the main component used is guaiacol. Boiled Ham is like the most by the whole western world where it is often prepared and consumed as a hearty meal. In this article, the discussion will be about the recipe for the boiled ham, some important points about ham along with its nutritional value.
Recipe of boiled Dinner with Ham?
The time limit for this recipe of boiled ham will take 55 minutes as the cooking time and 15 minutes of preparation. The prepared boiled ham will be on your dining table within just 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Servings: boiled Dinner with Ham?
The serving size for this recipe of the boiled ham consists of about 16 servings when you are arranging a big meal or dinner party for your family gatherings. We can increase or decrease serving size managing the amounts of the ingredients in that way you want.
Ingredients used in boiled Dinner with Ham
The ham usually boils within the vegetable soup but the season one ham with the salt tastes too good. For that pork ham, which seasons with the dry or wet curing it is the requirement to soak them in water. But when it is ready, it tastes far better than that of the smoked ham. But this recipe will go with the smoked ham. I hope that you will enjoy it. How to make boiled Dinner with Ham? The ingredients for pork ham with their accurate amounts describe below:
Material Required for Boiled Ham dinner | How to make boiled Dinner with Ham?
- 1 smoked boneless ham or a pork shoulder weighing about 4 pounds
- 2 medium onions that are quarter into pieces
- 4 pounds of carrots that are half into two, two pieces
- About 4 pounds of red potatoes cut into quarters
- 4 pounds of the rutabagas, peel them and cut into about 1 and ½ inches cubes
- 2 teaspoon salt; if you are using the dry-cured ham pork then you can reduce the amount of salt added into the soup
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 large size cabbage cut into pieces or you can also half it
- 2 pounds of fresh green beans, use them in the trimmed form
- Prepared horseradish, it is an optional addition you can skip it according to your preference
Directions for the procedure for How to make boiled Dinner with Ham?
The step by step instructions about the method of the “Boiled ham” preparation describe below and some important points about the selection and aspects of the “Boiled ham” will mention later to that method description. The procedure involves:
1) Take a large pot and place the smoked pork into it and fill the pot with that amount of water that is enough to cover the pork ham. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the pork as the seasoning, cover the pot with a lid and bring it to a boil. When it reaches a boil reduce the heat to low flame and let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
2) Add the carrots, red potatoes, onions, cabbage, rutabagas, and horseradish into the pot. Cover the pot and let it simmer for some more time.
3) With the help of the kitchen strings, tie the green beans into a bundle. Add these beans too to the pot and leave the cooking pork for about more 25 minutes or until the carrots, potatoes and other things are tender.
4) When the pork ham boils properly and all the vegetables become cook, remove the pork from the cooking pot and transfer it to a serving dish. Arrange the vegetables around the pork ham and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
5) The delicious boiled ham dish is ready to serve and enjoy.
Some important things about How to make boiled Dinner with Ham?
The points that are going to discuss here will tell you about the fact that which type of ham should you use for your boiled dinner. The boiled dinner can be made with any part of the beef or pork but the hams are usually used at the most in these days. Hams are chose as they require less time for cooking and are more flavorful than that of the salted or corned beef.
The water that is present in the pot that is containing the ham pork and the vegetables is rich in favor or you can say is a flavor boost is in that water. The water becomes a worthy ingredient itself as it is imparting an awful flavor to the ham, vegetables, and soup.
You should use the salted or the dry-cured ham pork for your boiling dinner. Although it requires some time longtime soaking before cooking. It is more flavorful if you use a bony ham rather than boneless ham pork as the bone adds taste and viscosity to the cooking water.
Nutritional value Boiled Ham dinner
The nutritional value of the boiled ham is such that
it gives you about 236 kcal of energy per serving along with 2.6 g of fat
1.1 g of saturated fat
16.7 mg of cholesterol
44.2 g of carbohydrates
12.8 g of proteins and 9.9 g of dietary fiber
It also provides you with many vitamins such as 152.5 % of vitamin A
9.2 % vitamin B-12
164.8 % of vitamin C
3.3% of vitamin E and 45 % of vitamin B-6
It also gives you many minerals such as folate, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc.
Conclusion about How to make boiled Dinner with Ham? :
So, in light of the above discussion boiled ham dinner is the most favorite dinner at the dining table for its lovers in dinner all around the world. So, This recipe will give you the favorite boiled ham you have experienced ever. Try this recipe and make your dinner an awful experience. You will be mad at this recipe when you will try it in your kitchen. Hope you now learn how to make boiled Dinner with Ham?