BLT salad pasta
BLT salad pasta
BLT salad pasta is a dish from the salad course as a side dish. Pasta is usually a dish that is mainly using the different types of pasta as the main ingredient that is mostly tossed in a specific type of dressing e.g vinegar or mayonnaise-based. It is named BLT salad pasta due to the initial use of its primary ingredients that includes bacon, tomato, and lettuce. Different types of ingredients can be used in the BLT salad pasta according to the person to person varying preferences. Some variations of the BLT salad pasta is also based on the use of different garnishing and other taste-enhancing ingredients.
The bacon type can also replace or vary such as use of turkey bacon, use of tofu in place of bacon, or removing the lettuce completely. The BLT salad pasta can be your yummy and favorite choice as a side dish in the dinner on your dining table or in the lunch. It has been thought to be originated from the American States and is a dish from the American cuisine. Basically it works as an appetizer side dish. In this article the discussion will be about the recipe of the BLT salad pasta along with its nutritional value, kitchen instructions and magic tips.
This recipe of the BLT salad pasta would yield about 20 servings of this dish. The number of servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe of BLT sandwiches is 30 minutes including 10 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of cooking.
- 2 packages of dry Ranch mix dressing each weighing 1 ounce
- 2 cups of whole milk
- And 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 2 pounds of pasta of your choice
- 3 cups of cherry tomatoes, chopped or diced
- 2 cups of red onion, thinly sliced or chopped
- And 2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds of bacon that has been cooked and crumbled
- 6 cups of lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 cup of leaf parsley, finely chopped
Directions for the procedure:
- So, the directions for the preparation method of the BLT pasta are as follows:
- So, first of all, prepare the Ranch mix dressing. For the preparation of the Ranch mix dressing, combine the Ranch dressing mix, milk and mayonnaise by whisking them together.
- Then, Keep the Ranch dressing mixture in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so that it gets thicken.
- So, Now, Cook the pasta by boiling it. Once boiled, drain the water from the pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Then take a large bowl and prepare the BLT salad pasta by mixing the pasta, tomato, red onion, and black pepper. Mix the mixture with half of the Ranch dressing and reserve the remaining for the later use.
- Then, Mix the mixture in the bacon, lettuce and parsley and stir well to get all the ingredients together.
- So, If there is a need, add more dressing mixture but if not then go with the same.
- So, now, Delicious BLT salad pasta ready to enjoy.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the BLT salad pasta is such that per serving it provides you about 498 kcal of energy along with 46 g of carbohydrates, 15 g of proteins and 28 g of fats. It also provides you with 10 g of saturated fat, 3 g of sugar, 47 mg of cholesterol, 2 g of fiber, 215 IU of Vitamin A, 9.5 mg of Vitamin C, 28 mg of calcium and 1.4 mg of iron.
So, in the light of above discussion BLT salad pasta is a dish from the salad course as a side dish. Pasta is usually a dish that is mainly using the different types of pasta as the main ingredient that mostly toss in a specific type of dressing e.g vinegar or mayonnaise based. It is BLT salad pasta due to the initial use of its primary ingredients that includes bacon, tomato and lettuce. Different types of ingredients can use in the BLT salad pasta according to the person to person varying preferences. BLT salad pasta recipe must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the BLT salad pasta recipe at your home you will be definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love and enjoy it.