Biscuits and Gravy Recipe easy
Biscuits and Gravy Recipe easy
Introduction to Biscuits and Gravy Recipe easy
In this article, you will learn how to make Biscuits and Gravy Recipe easy step by step. This dish of the biscuits and gravy is from the breakfast course of the meal and is really enjoyed as a light breakfast for the people who are reluctant to have too much heavy metal in the morning. It is highly nutritious and has a great taste. Then, it is from the cuisine of the American region and is widely consumed there. In other words, Biscuits and Gravy Recipe easy is a famous breakfast dish in America or the United States, especially in South America. So, the consistency of this dish is based on the gravy made and the soft dough biscuits. These biscuits usually involve the meat gravy as their topping.
So, this meat gravy is often made from the drippings of the pork sausages usually cooked along with the white flour, milk, bits of sausages, bacon, ground or minced meat e.g beef or any other else. So, the gravy is usually seasoned with the black pepper. There are also some variations in this recipe regarding the gravy e.g egg gravy or tomato gravy etc. So, this article discussed the recipe for the biscuits and the gravy along with its nutritional value.
Servings: Biscuits and Gravy Recipe easy
This recipe of the Biscuits and gravy dish would yield about 14 servings.
The total time required for this recipe of Biscuits and gravy dish is 41 minutes including 30 minutes of preparation and 11 minutes of cooking.
Ingredients for Biscuits and Gravy Recipe easy
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- Then, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 12 tablespoons of butter, unsalted and very much cold
- 1 ½ cup of the whole milk, cold
For the Gravy
- 2 pounds of pork breakfast sausage
- 5 cups of whole milk
- Half cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of the red pepper, crushed
Directions for the procedure of Biscuits and Gravy Recipe easy
For making biscuits:
- So, first of all, preheat the oven up to 425. On one side, prepare the baking sheet by lining it with the foil.
- Then, in a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Then, add the butter into the flour mixture in a way of crumbling it. The butter being cut should be in the form of crumbs.
- Then, add the milk into the flour mixture and prepare the biscuits dough.
- So, with the help of your hands, manage and roll the dough in a way to make biscuits.
- So, with the help of the biscuit cutter having your desirable size, make the biscuits and drop them into the baking sheet one by one.
- Then, place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
For the gravy:
- Heat the sausages in a saucepan over medium-high flame. Cook them until there no remains pink.
- Add the flour to the sausages and cook until the flour absorb.
- Now add the milk into the skillet along with the crushed red peppers and stir well with the help of a spatula.
- Cook until it thickens.
- When the gravy and the biscuits both are ready, top the biscuits with the gravy serve and enjoy!
Nutritional value of Biscuits and Gravy Recipe easy
The nutritional value of this recipe for the Biscuits and gravy is such that per serving it provides you about 506 kcal of energy along with 38 g of carbohydrates, 17 g of proteins and 31 g of fats. It also provides you with 14 g of saturated fat, 83 mg of cholesterol, 1 g of fiber, 540 % of Vitamin A, 0.5 % of Vitamin C, 216 % of calcium and 2.8 % of iron.
So, in the light of the above discussion, the dish of the biscuits and gravy is from the breakfast course of the meal and is really enjoyed as a light breakfast for the people who are reluctant to have too much heavy metal in the morning. It is highly nutritious and has a great taste. It is from the cuisine of the American region and widely consume there. This dish is based on the gravy made and the soft dough biscuits. These biscuits usually involve the meat gravy as their topping. If you try this recipe of the biscuits and gravy at your home you will definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.