Beef stew crockpot
Beef stew crockpot
Beef stew basically is gravy type dish. It has been made since ancient times. But, the oldest evidence is that the t time it is found in JapanIn ancient times, old people use turtle shell or Mollusks shell as a vessel for cooking purpose of stew. Stew is the same as soup but the difference in its texture, it is thicker than soup. For preparing stew we have to cook different ingredients within the liquid or in stock for several hours. In ingredients, different vegetables are included like carrots, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, black peppers. And for meat use can choose beef which is least tender as compared to poultry.
You can also use poultry and seafood if you want. Here we will discuss recipe only for beef stew crockpot. Crockpot Is a pressure cooker which is made for slow cooking; cooking for several hours. It is more convenient as compared to the normal cooker because in this case no worry about checking the time and monitoring all the cooking procedures. You can go job or anywhere else or do any other home task meanwhile your food is in the procedure of cooking. You have to just put all the ingredients in cooker set temperature and time and that’s it.
The time suitable for a new crockpot is 8 hours and 50 minutes. 15 minutes for preparation of ingredients and 8 hours 35 minutes for cooking.
This recipe of beef stew crockpot yields 8 servings.
The no of ingredients and their measured quantity are given below:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 pounds of stew meat(beef), cut it into 1-inch cubes
- kosher salt (to taste)
- Freshly grounded black pepper (to taste)
- 1pound baby red potatoes (quartered)
- 4 carrots, cut diagonally into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 onion(diced)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- a spoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- and 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds, it’s optional
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley leaves
Method of Preparation:
- First of all-season the meat with salt and pepper, to taste
- Then Take a large skillet heat olive oil in it over medium heat
- Now cook beef for 2-3 minutes in a skillet until evenly browned
- Now take a 6-qt slow cooker put beef along with all ingredients like potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic. Add beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, caraway seeds, and bay leaves. Now stir it until combined very
- The cooker and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours and on high heat for 3-4 hours as you wish
- When it cooked, take flour and ½ cup of strewing broth in a small bowl. Whisk it until flour dissolves in broth. Now mix it into the cooker material and stirrer well
- Then cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until becomes thick
- Now your beef stew crockpot is ready to serve as it is immediately or uses parsley for garnishing
It is more nutritious and delicious beef stew. Per serving of this provides you 332.4 calories including 105.3 calories from fat. It also gives you 11.7g of total fat encompasses 3.8g of saturated fat which is complete 19% of your daily need of saturated fat and 0.7g of trans fat. 77.4mg of cholesterol which fulfills 26% your daily need for cholesterol. 277.9 mg of sodium provides you 12% of your daily need.
So, It provides you 19.5 g of carbs including 2.6g of dietary fibers which meats 10% of your daily requirement of dietary fiber, and 4.1g of sugar. 35.5g of protein which provides you 71% of your daily need of protein.
In light of the above discussion, I just want to say try this recipe you will definitely enjoy this. So, In your winter taste it as a soup. Add this recipe in your winter cooking schedule. When you eat beef as a beef stock you can feel a different texture and taste. So, in this method, beef cooks very well and the thick gravy enhances its flavor. Because of all its ingredients, it is very nutritive and healthy.