Beef Fajita is a very tasty dish and not only its name sounds interesting but also has a great flavor. It originates in the past from the Mexican origin and is from the Dinner course. The United States is also a later on the origin of this dish of the Beef Fajita. In Mexican cuisine, this dish of the fajita is often taken in the form of grilled meat by having it on the top of the flour tacos or in the corn tortilla. This term of fajita usually refers to the cuts of beef that was first used in the fajita dish. it may be said that after the fajita invention from Mexico, it may get entry into America with new amendments but tasty.
When the fajitas are made in the restaurants, they are often cooked with the bell peppers and onions. The main ingredients of the fajita dish include tortillas, meat, chicken, cheddar cheese, onions, and peppers. Different animal meats are used in making the fajita but in this article, we will discuss specifically Beef Fajita along with its nutritional value and kitchen tips.
This recipe of the Beef Fajita recipe would yield about 16 servings. So, the servings can increase or decrease by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total time required for this recipe of Beef Fajita is 2 hours and 55 minutes including 2 hours and 30 minutes of preparation and 25 minutes of cooking.
For marinating the meat
- Half cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 teaspoons of cumin
- 4 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- Half cup of the cilantro, chopped
- 4 pounds of the beef steaks either flank or skirt
- Black pepper and the kosher salt, coarsely ground
For the vegetables (pepper and onions)
- 5 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 4 white onions of medium size
- 2 large green color Poblano peppers cut into strips
- 6 large green color bell peppers cut into strips
- Dash of salt
You can use all the topping ingredients as you desired
- Sour cream
- Flour tortillas about 16
Directions for the procedure:
- So, in a plastic bag, combine all the marinating ingredients except pepper and salt with the beef steaks and toss well to combine them together.
- Then, after covering it marinate it in the refrigerator for about 2 to 8 hours.
- So, now remove the beef steaks from the plastic bag, and place it on a clean surface or on the cutting board. Then, pat-dry the marinated beef steaks with the help of paper towels.
- So, now heat the cooking oil in the large skillet over the medium-high heat. Then add the beef steaks on the skillet and then cook it for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- So, now transfer the steaks from the skillet to the cutting board and then cover the steaks with the aluminum foil and let it rest.
- When the meat is resting, add more oil to the skillet and then add the onions, pepper, and salt. Cook the vegetables for about 8 minutes and then again add the steaks to the skillet by slicing it into thin slices.
- Beef fajita is ready to serve and enjoy.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the Beef Fajita is such that per serving it provides you about 262 kcal of energy along with 9 g of carbohydrates, 25 g of proteins and 14 g of fats. It also provides you with 5 g of saturated fat, 75 mg of cholesterol, 2 g of fiber, 1150 IU of Vitamin A, 109.7 mg of Vitamin C,
So, in the light of the above discussion Beef Fajita is a dish that is from the Dinner course of the dishes. It has from the Mexican origin. The main ingredients of the fajita dish include tortillas, meat, chicken, cheddar cheese, onions, and peppers. Beef Fajita must try in your kitchen. So, if you try this recipe of the Beef Fajita at your home you will definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.