BAVARIAN CREAM WITH YELLOW PEPPER
An unusual appetizer ideal for a summer dinner, but also in any other season. In addition to the strong and delicate taste at the same time, the success of this recipe is also ensured by the scenographic effect of the dish.
- 1.2 kg yellow peppers
- 1 red pepper
- 300 ml fresh cooking cream
- 200 gr chopped onion
- 7 gelatin sheets
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Clean the yellow peppers by removing the internal filaments and seeds. Cut them into cubes and let them simmer in a pan for 10 minutes with 4 tablespoons of oil and 100 grams of chopped onion.
- Meanwhile, dice a layer of red pepper.
- Soak the gelatine in a little cold water.
- Fry the remaining 100 grams of onion in a pan with the remaining olive oil, add the squeezed gelatin and mix.
- Blend the mixture of yellow peppers, add it to the diced red peppers, add salt and let it cool.
- After having lightly salted it, whip the cream and gently add it to the pepper cream to which you have added the gelatin.
- Pour the mixture into molds wet inside and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Turn out the Bavarian cream on individual plates and serve garnished with chopped chives and strips of red pepper.