Baked Salmon Recipe
Baked Salmon Recipe
Baked salmon is a dish from the Dinner course of the dishes. It is a dish belonging to American cuisine. Baked salmon is a complete meal in just one plate that will not only give you the best taste but also the best nutrition as it is rich in high-quality fats such as omega-3 fatty acids and the other healthy unsaturated fatty acids that strengthens your heart health. It is also rich in high-quality proteins with a high percentage of essential amino acids. Salmon is a common food in the west and is often known as the oily fish. The color of the salmon flesh is from orange to red which is mainly due to carotenoid pigments that usually enter the fish body by ingesting the krill or other microbes in the water.
The most important thing about salmon is that in raw form it contains no carbohydrates but has 6 % of fat and 20 % of protein. There are many methods of cooking a salmon fish e.g smoked salmon, fried salmon or sometimes it is also eaten in raw form. But baking the salmon in the oven without much use of oil is far better than having it fried or in raw form. So, in this article, we will discuss the recipe of the baked salmon with its nutritional value.
This recipe of the Baked Salmon recipe would yield about 8 servings.
The total time required for this recipe of Baked Salmon is 35 minutes including 10 minutes of preparation and 25 minutes of cooking.
- 2 pounds of potatoes, sliced
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon of the black pepper, coarsely ground
- 8 fillets of skinless salmon
- 3 tablespoons of garlic, crushed or minced and then divided into two parts
- 4 tablespoons of parsley, freshly chopped
- ½ cup of the lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup of the unsalted butter, in melted form
- 6 bunches of asparagus
- ½ cup of the chicken broth (low in sodium)
- Wedges of the two lemons for garnishing purpose
Directions for the procedure:
- First of all, preheat the oven up to 200. Then on the prepared baking sheet, mix the potatoes with the olive oil, 1 tbsp of garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon of pepper.
- Evenly distribute the potato mixture on the baking sheet and bake in the oven until browned and softened.
- Now place the baked potatoes on one side of the baking dish and then arrange the salmon in the center on the baking sheet.
- Rub the salmon with the parsley and the garlic. Place the asparagus to one side of the pan.
- In a bowl, mix the half cup of the lime juice and half cup of the melted butter and then pour the mixture over the salmon and the asparagus. Season the whole baking sheet content with the salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon in the oven for about 10 minutes until the salmon get transparent and the potatoes are golden.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the butter, garlic and lemon juice. Then serve the baked salmon with the lemon wedges and the veggies.
The nutritional value of this recipe for the Baked Salmon is such that per serving it provides you about 513 kcal of energy along with 19 g of carbohydrates, 37 g of proteins and 38 g of fats. It also provides you with 15 g of saturated fat, 154 mg of cholesterol, 5 g of fiber, 1450 IU of Vitamin A, 43.9 mg of Vitamin C, 101 mg-calcium, 6.9 mg – iron.
Baked salmon is a dish from the Dinner course of the dishes. It is a dish belonging to American cuisine. Baked salmon is a complete meal in just one plate that will not only give you the best taste but also the best nutrition. Baked salmon in the oven without much use of oil and is far better than having it fried or in raw form. This article recipe would really help you out while you cook the baked salmon in your kitchen. Baked salmon must be tried in your kitchen. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.