AOSTA VALLEY FONDUE
It is a well-known dish, but always exceptional. Other times I had tasted it, but never in Valle d’Aosta.
- 400 gr fontina cheese
- 200 gr whole milk
- 20 – 30 gr butter
- 4 yolks
- white truffle from Alba
- Cut the fontina cheese into cubes, cover it with milk and let it rest overnight.
- Melt the butter in a bain-marie and add the fontina soaked in milk. Mix carefully using a hand whisk until the cheese is stringy.
- At this point, raise the heat and mix more and more quickly.
- Add the egg yolks one by one and mix until the cheese is completely melted.
- Pour the fondue into terracotta bowls and grate over the truffle.
- Finish with slices of toasted bread or fried in butter.