Skip to content
How to make egg fry
How to make egg fry
Eggs are one of a few high protein foods that have 100 biological values or in other words, you can say that the whole protein of the egg is digested and utilized by our body thoroughly and it becomes the part of our body mass as a whole. Raw eggs are somehow nutritious but they can bind some other nutrients and can make them unavailable for the body that’s why the egg should be eaten in cooked form as the avidin protein in the raw egg binds the water-soluble vitamin biotin and makes it unavailable to the body.
But the best form of an egg that is highly nutritious and healthy for our body is the hard boil form of an egg. In this article, we are going to discuss the south Indian version of the egg fry that includes the boiled egg along with the fried vegetables. This south Indian version of the fried egg is often served or enjoyed with the plain rice or chapatti. The nutritional value of the egg fry will also be discussed in this article.
This recipe of egg fry will yield about 4 servings but the servings can be increased or decreased by managing the ingredients in that way.
The total timing required for this recipe of egg fry is just 22 minutes that give you a quick hunger spark in the busy schedules. The total time has 2 minutes for preparation and 20 minutes for cooking.
- 4 boiled eggs
- 2 medium-size onions, finely chopped
- Two tomatoes, large size chopped
- 2 green chilies slit from the center
- 1 teaspoon of the cumin
- Olive oil as per requirement
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced and peeled
- 2 teaspoons of the ginger garlic paste
- Salt just to taste
- ½ teaspoon of the red chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoon of the garam masala or “Dhaniya” powder
- Black pepper powder, few dashes
- 2 dashes of turmeric
- 1 capsicum, sliced fine and thinly
- 1 to 1.5 sprig of curry leaves
Directions for the procedure:
- Take a pan and place it on the stove and heat. Put the oil in it. After that add the cumin, garlic, and ginger and fry them.
- Then once the garlic, cumin, and ginger have been fried and start giving an aroma, add the onions into the frying pan and cook them until they are golden and translucent.
- When the onions just cooked, add the boiled eggs, chopped tomatoes, turmeric, salt, and the slit green chili.
- Cook the whole mixture with continuous stirring and keep on cooking and mashing the tomatoes with the wooden spoon until they become tender, soft and mushy. If there is any need for more softening or the softening takes time, then you can sprinkle the water for better results.
- Then add the garam masala, red chili powder, and the black pepper into the cooking mixture. Cook the whole mixture until well cooking for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- The delicious egg fry is ready. Remove it from the stove and then serve it warm with either plain or spiced rice and the chapatti. But it would taste great with the plain rice and chapatti.
This recipe of the egg fry per serving will provide you about 135 kcal of energy for your daily activities along with the 12 g of carbohydrates,8 g of proteins and 5g of fats. It also provides you with 186 mg of cholesterol, 1840 IU of vitamin A, 73.7 mg of vitamin C, 1.3 mg of iron and 44 mg of calcium.
So in the light of the above discussion egg fry is a very tasty and savory dish containing a high amount of the high-quality proteins containing most of the essential amino acids that the body requires. Combined with other fried vegetables, it also provides you many other important nutrients and fats. It is, in fact, the south Indian version of the egg fry. Egg fry must try in your kitchen. If you try this recipe of the egg fry at your home you will definitely end up happily. You will absolutely love it and enjoy it.
You may also like...
error: Content is protected by eFoodChef Team Thanks